英语中有一个词组rat me out,看起来和老鼠有关,但实际意思可并不是如此哦。一路来看看《诉讼双雄》的这个片段吧。

对话原文

?

15 minutes.

15分钟后到

Okay. Bye. Hey, what are you...

好的 再会 你来干...?

Okay, what was that for?

好吧 我做错什么了?

If you care about me, you would have told me what Trevor was up to a long time ago.

假设你在乎我的话 你早就该告诉我特雷弗这么长时间 都在干那勾当?

I was trying to protect you.

我是想要保护你?

How is hiding the fact that my boyfriend is selling weed protecting me?

我男同伙在贩毒 我却被蒙在鼓里 这叫保护我吗?

You want to know the truth?

你想知道本相吗?

Your boyfriend also happens to be my best friend, all right?

你男朋友也是我最好的同伙?

I didn't feel like ratting him out.

我不想出卖他?

If you are really his friend, you wouldn't just stand by and let him throw his life away.

假设你真是他同伙 你不会眼睁睁地让他浪费自己的生活捕鱼电玩上下分?

Let him? Let

是我让他?

I've never let Trevor do anything.

我历来阁下不了特雷弗地想法主意?

Have you met him?

你不熟悉他吗?

Trevor listens to you, and he needs you right now.

特雷弗会听你的话 他现在须要你?

He is throwing his life away,

他在浪费自己的生活捕鱼电玩上下分?

and you ditched us.

而你却摈弃了他?

Both.

和我

Like we didn't mean anything to you.

仿佛我们对你来讲只是途经

?

?

昔日重点:

?

关怀:care about

大麻:weed。weed意思是“杂草”,但在白话中也表示“大麻”

刚巧捕鱼电玩上下分:happen to

出卖或人:rat sb out。rat除作名词表示“老鼠”,也可作动词

袖手旁不雅:stand by

抛弃:throw away

摈弃:ditch。常意图思是“挖沟;开渠”。非正式说法表示“摈弃”

?

想看完全视频,请存眷【沪江英语】公众号