OK, here's the deal.
任务是如许的。

I've just been run over by a car – been in an accident.
那时我方才被一辆车撞了——我出了车祸

I didn't get a good look, of course.
我却什么都没看清,这也合情公道。

It happened too quickly.
一切都产生可以上下分的电玩软件的太快了。

A step off the sidewalk, a rush of wind, something blue and metallic coming at me, then…
方才踏出人行道,我就认为可以上下分的电玩软件一阵强风,一个蓝色的,仿佛是某种金属的器械朝我猛冲过去

a quick tour over the bonnet , briefly visiting the windshield, roof and every other hard surface en-route
接着街旁的一切从我眼前飞快的闪过,络绎一向的烟囱罩、挡风玻璃、屋顶,还有其他各类器械都在飞快的流逝。

before returning to the tarmac for a hefty dose of pain.
最后我回到空中上,一阵剧痛传遍全身。

No, officer, the vehicle did not stop.
不,警官,那辆车没有停上去

Did I see the driver?
看到司机的脸了吗?

Yep, incredibly briefly as it turned out.
是的,真弗成思议,固然只是一晃眼。

(假设这时候有一名交警走过去,我们之间能够会有以下的对话)

Would I recognise him again?
能再认出司机吗?

Sure, if you could just plaster me across any similar windshield,
能,假设你让我再撞到类似的挡风玻璃上

just to, you know, jog the old memory cells
你懂得,如许就可以激活旧的记忆细胞

I may be able to describe the bloated, shiny face, bulbous eyes
或许可以上下分的电玩软件我能描述出那张浮肿的,油光满面的脸,那双凸出来的眼睛,

and pudgy little hands that oiled over his steering wheel.
还有那双胖乎乎的小手,抹得偏向盘上油光光的

Except there's no cop, no concerned huddle of passers-by asking pointless questions
可是当时四周没有交警,也没有围不雅的人群絮絮地说着毫成心义的成绩,

like "Is there a Doctor here?" Or "Where's his leg?" and, my personal favourite, "Are you OK?"
比如捕鱼电玩上下分“这里有大夫吗?”“他的腿去哪儿了?”还有我小我最爱好的成绩,“你还好吗?”

Well, if pity and an energising drink weren't going to help me, I had better start trying to help myself.
好吧,假设恻隐和功能饮料帮不了我,我最好开端测验测验赞助我自己。

My core being was feeling a tad fragile at the moment but I made a mental note to ask it to start working properly again.
此刻我认为可以上下分的电玩软件自己元神吃亏,我暗自请求自己的身材重新运作起来

What I really needed just now was something useful,
现在我须要一些实用的器械

a medic for preference, a warm, dry blanket and some kind of opioid-based medication.
——最好能有一个大夫,或许可以上下分的电玩软件一条暖和枯燥的毛毯,一剂含有镇痛成分的药品

But it was the very early hours of the morning
可现在才一大清晨

and there was no-one around,
人迹绝无

at least not here on the edge of No-town
在这无名之镇的界线上

I was gonna die.
我要逝世了!

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
过后聪慧真是一种美好的器械

Just a few short hours ago I had left Mrs Chamber's house and the smouldering embers of her log fire.
就在几个小时前,我才从Chambers夫人家分开,从她家火炉里冒出的浓烟中捡回一条命

If I hadn't taken that short-cut,
假设我没有走那条捷径

or I had left earlier or left later,
又或许可以上下分的电玩软件我曾早点或正点出发

I wouldn't have met this very car at this particular time
我就不会在这个时辰撞上这辆车

and in this unpromising place.
在这个令人掉望的处所

And here I was.
事已至此,我躺在这里

Still.
过后检查并没有什么感化

Getting colder and dying by centimetres.
我认为可以上下分的电玩软件愈来愈冷

The can of fizzy drink, my silent companion, gleamed dully
恍忽间我看到一个汽水罐子,好像一个沉默的小同伴,暗暗闪着光

I frowned stupidly at the can, then realised what it was: an approaching vehicle .
我皱眉看着这个笨头笨脑的罐子,转而认识到,它实际上是一辆接近的车辆

I thankfully passed out
感激老天,我晕了之前

I came to briefly and looked up at a small ring of faces.
认识有时恢复的时辰,我看到几张脸环绕着我

My rescuer was one of the boys from the park and his friends.
“店员捕鱼电玩上下分,你还好吗?”措辞的是个小男孩,他和他的同伙们都在场。

Well, I recovered eventually.
好吧,终究我康复了。

For a time, I was a local celebrity, my young friend a hero.
一时之间,我成了本地名人,救我的小友人成了豪杰

I can't say I 'saved' the town because,
我不敢妄称自己“挽救”了这个小镇

quite honestly, nothing short of a direct hit by a meteorite could have done that.
坦白的说,我可不是什么突如其来的陨石里出生的超人

But some small things changed.
可是我照样带来了一些渺小的变更

There was a new purpose and energy to the place.
这个荒野的处所取得了新的存眷,生出了新的活力,

The road upon which I had nearly died was given a makeover of lighting and a safe place to cross.
那条差点要了我的命的公路装上了新路灯,面貌一新,还多了一条新的安全的斑马线